Whether you have recently developed under-eye bags or have been dealing with them for some time, you will wonder if you are stuck with them for life. Fortunately, there are a variety of treatments to correct under-eye bags. Each option tailors specifically to your goals. Since each option also varies on how invasive it is, it is important to speak with the right doctor. For more information on under-eye surgery face and eye rejuvenation, contact the team at Taban MD today.
Which Options are Available?
There are several options to correct unwanted under-eye bags. Here are a few from at home remedies, to minimally invasive, to surgical.
- Holistic remedies. For those who recently have noticed under-eye bags, a holistic option may be the best first step for you. First, you can try a proper sleep schedule and reducing the amount of sodium in your diet. You can also stick some spoons in the freezer overnight. Then, in the morning you can apply them underneath your eyes. This helps to reduce swelling.
- Eye cream. If you have tried holistic remedies, but are looking for something a bit more, then using an eye cream may be the next best step for you. Fortunately, with a bit of research, you will be able to find an effective eye cream within your budget.
- Fillers. Extremely popular for their ability to fill under-eye hollows, under-eye fillers can also smooth fines lines and correct any darkness that is occurring. This is a great option for those who are looking for a treatment that is a bit more intensive without actually requiring surgery. Also, with the advancement of technology and research, fillers today are made specifically for different issues that patients are facing. Plus, they leave patients with an extremely natural look.
- Under-eye surgery. Also known as lower blepharoplasty surgery, this procedure is perfect for those who are looking for a drastic correction with beautiful results. Regardless of what is causing the eye bags (ex: a deformity or loss of volume) undergoing under-eye surgery can help correct the appearance and restore a youthful look to your eyes.
How do I Know Which Procedure is Right for me?
Since each treatment is personalized, it is important to speak directly with Taban MD. However, here are a few pre-qualifiers for the lower eyelid bags surgery.
- Puffy fat pockets under the eyes
- Wrinkled/saggy loose eyelid skin
- A desire for a naturally rested look
How Does the Procedure Work?
For those who are looking into lower eyelid bags surgery, it is important to know what to expect. The first thing to note is that at the core of the procedure, the fat is repositioned to fill in trouble spots and correct the swollen areas. This is extremely important because if the procedure just removes the fat altogether, you would be left with excess sagging skin. This would not achieve the results you are looking for. It is also important to note that although your doctor makes an incision, it is well-hidden. This hidden transconjunctival incision leads to much quicker healing because it does not use stitches.
Now that you are educated on all of the options available to correct your under-eye bags, it is important to pick the right doctor and discuss which procedure is best for you. For more information on under-eye surgery and to discuss the results you are looking for, contact the experts at Taban MD!